||Below are just a few highlights from Dr. Poon’s resume:|
- Dr. Poon has been named to New York Magazine’s list of “Top Doctors”
for nine years running.
- Dr. Poon is currently the Director of Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging at Stony Brook University Hospital.
- Dr. Poon currently holds the position of Professor of Radiology and Medicine (Cardiology) at Stony Brook School of Medicine.
- Dr. Poon was previously the president of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
- Dr. Poon has researched and written widely in three areas of cardiology:
> Cardiac imaging techniques
> Pulmonary hypertension
> Coronary artery disease
- Dr. Poon spent many years at Mount Sinai Hospital and he previously held the position of Associate Professor of Medicine in Cardiology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
- He previously held the positions of Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Program and Medical Director of the Cardiac Magnetic Resonance / Computed Tomography Imaging Program at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- He has won many awards, including:
> Young Investigators Awards from the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association
> Clinician Scientist Award from the American Heart Association
- Dr. Poon fluently speaks three dialects of Chinese: Cantonese, Mandarin, and Fuzhounese.